News

Actions

Firefighters Report Two Thursday Fires in Tallahassee

fire
Posted at 8:45 PM, Nov 17, 2016
and last updated 2016-11-17 15:50:09-05

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) - One home was completely destroyed, while another establishment experienced a loss of thousands after two fires in Tallahassee. 

Police said a singlewide trailer house was completely destroyed by a fire on Thursday.

Tallahassee fire fighters responded to the call on Oak Ridge Road, but they say by the time crews arrived, the home was being swallowed by flames.

There was one person inside, but first responders got them out safely.

Investigators think the fire was started by a space heater.

At 8:30 a.m. Thursday morning, the Pizza Hut on Capital Circle North East also experienced a small fire.

Firefighters a faulty air conditioning unit in the attic of the location was the cause.

No one was injured, and the damages are expected to cost the building's owner about $10,000.