TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) - Firefighters said that they responded to a family in need early Wednesday morning after their mobile home caught fire.
The Tallahassee Fire Department said that around 2 a.m. on Wednesday, they arrived to a mobile home on East Larkin Court that was engulfed in flames.
Firefighters said that they were able to put the fire out and made sure that everyone got out safely.
However, they said the home was a total loss. TFD said that the fire started on the back deck of the home after coals spread from a smoker.
Officials have warned residents to never leave a grill unattended on a wooden deck. They are reminding people to also extinguish their coals before leaving the grill.