News

Actions

Fire official: Naples man injured by exploding e-cigarette

E cigarettes
Posted at 3:52 PM, Oct 28, 2015
and last updated 2015-10-28 15:52:00-04

NAPLES, Fla. -- Fire officials say a southwest Florida man was injured when an e-cigarette he was smoking exploded in his face.

North Collier Deputy Fire Chief Eloy Ricardo says the man suffered burns to his face and also inhaled a piece of the cigarette, causing internal injuries.

The Naples Daily News reports the man was taken to a Naples hospital and later flown to Miami where he was placed in a medically induced coma.

Ricardo says there was no damage to the man's home.

There was no further word on the man's condition.