FLORIDA (WTXL) - The Florida Highway Patrol says traffic is heavy on the state's highways as evacuees make their way back home after Irma.
According the FHP's live traffic crash and road condition report, there is heavy traffic on I-10EB starting near mile-marker 203.
There's also another travel advisory for I-10 EB near mile marker 268. I-75 seems to be no better as troopers report heavy traffic in the southbound lanes.
There are also several car accidents with road blocks being reported near Jacksonville as well.
Troopers are reminding residents to be safe as the travel and to check all local government advisories before returning home:
- Check FL511.com for traffic and road closure updates
- Anticipate traffic and allow more time than normal to reach your destination. Be patient on the road
- Using the GasBuddy app, drivers can check to see which stations have gas available along your route
- If you travel through an area without power, use caution. Non-operational traffic signals should be treated as a four-way stop
- To report unsafe road conditions, unsafe drivers or if you need assistance on the road, call *FHP (*347)
- For additional resources for those impacted by Hurricane Irma, please visit http://www.floridadisaster.org/info/.