TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL)–-It's a busy travel weekend. There's no doubt about that.
The Fourth of July is known for fireworks, cookouts, and parades. While you're having fun, the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles encourages everyone to not let the celebration turn to tragedy. Law enforcement officers say don't and drink and drive.
Here are safety tips from DHSMV for this July 4th weekend:
* Always buckle up. A seat belt is your vehicle’s most important safety feature.
* Designate a sober driver before the fun begins.
* Didn't plan ahead? Call a taxi, a sober friend, or use public transportation to get home safely if you have been drinking.
* Even one drink increases the risk of a crash while driving. Do not let anyone who has been drinking get behind the wheel.
* Call *FHP (*347) if you see an impaired driver on the road.