(WTXL) - The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has approved additional Public Assistance (PA) for several Big Bend counties impacted by Hurricane Michael.
According to a press release, Governor Rick Scott made this request to ensure all counties impacted by Hurricane Michael are receiving the federal assistance needed to fully recover.
Please see more information on FEMA’s PA approval below:
Okaloosa and Walton counties are approved for Public Assistance categories A-G.
Franklin, Holmes, Jefferson, Leon, Madison, Taylor, Wakulla and Washington counties are approved for Public Assistance categories C-G (already designated for Individual Assistance and PA categories A and B).
- Category A: Debris removal
- Category B: Emergency protective measures
- Category C: Road Systems and Bridges
- Category D: Water control facilities
- Category E: Public buildings and contents
- Category F: Public utilities
- Category G: Parks, recreational, and other items