SUWANNEE COUNTY, Fla. (WTXL) - A wanted 69-year-old man is behind bars after police found 12 pounds of meth at his camper in the River Run Campground.
The Suwannee County Sheriff's Office says that on July 29, they received information from the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office that Charles Richard Spriggs was at a camper in the River Run Campground on US 27, east of Branford.
Spriggs was wanted for federal probation violation for sale of methamphetamine, and had an active warrant for his arrest.
Deputies went to the location and found Spriggs. While arresting him, they saw multiple pistols and numerous rounds of ammunition in plain sight. They say one of the guns, a revolver, had the serial number removed.
When they searched the camper, they found about 12 pounds of meth, a pound of marijuana, oxycodone tablets, assorted drug paraphernalia and a large sum of money.
Spriggs was charged with:
- Trafficking methamphetamine
- Possession of cannabis with intent to sell
- Possession of controlled substance (oxycodone)
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Possession of firearm by a convicted felon
- Possession of a firearm with an altered serial number, by a convicted felon
- Possession of a firearm suppressor, by a convicted felon
- Providing false identification to a law enforcement officer
- US Marshalls warrant – Violation of Probation (original charge sale of methamphetamine)
Spriggs was transported the Suwannee County jail where he remains on a $267,500 bond.
MOBILE USERS: Download our WTXL news app on your Apple and Android devices for the latest from South Georgia and North Florida. Also, download our WTXL Weather Now app for Apple and Android devices to get the latest local weather wherever you go.