Family, Pets Safe After Overnight Fire

Posted at 9:41 AM, Nov 05, 2015
and last updated 2015-11-05 09:41:00-05

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) -- A Tallahassee family able to make it out out their burning home after an overnight fire.

The Tallahassee Fire Department was called to the 102 block of Syphon Drive around 12:30 a.m. on Thursday.

When crews got to the scene, the fire was coming from the roof of the house. The family and their pets were already safe outside.

Firefighters were able to get the fire under control within minutes.

Officials say the cause of the fire was electrical. Damages are estimated around $50,000.

The American Red Cross, Leon County Sheriff's Office, Woodville Volunteer Firefighters and Leon County EMS also responded to the scene.