SARASOTA, FL (WWSB) - The driver of the SUV was charged after a single vehicle crash left one passenger dead in April.
Irana Negrete, 39, of Bradenton, was charged with multiple felonies after the crash on Higel Avenue on April 3 killed 29-year-old Christopher Tirado, of Bradenton.
Negrete was driving a Dodge Journey around 3:10 a.m. heading northbound on Higel Avenue approaching Siesta Drive. The vehicle went off the roadway and struck a tree, according to the report.
The SUV had two backseat passengers, Tirado and a female. Tirado died at the scene. Negrete and the other female passenger were transported to Sarasota Memorial Hospital with serious injuries.
Negrete's blood alcohol levels were 0.116 and 0.117.
She was charged with:
- DUI Manslaughter (felony)
- DUI with serious bodily injury (felony)
- No driver’s license in a fatal crash (felony)
- No driver’s license in a serious injury crash (felony)
- 3 counts of DUI property damage (misdemeanor)
Negrete bond was set at $115,000 and she has bonded out of the Sarasota County Jail.