News

Actions

Dog Killed When Motorized Scooter Catches Fire, Burns House

House Fire
Posted at 9:51 PM, Jul 15, 2016
and last updated 2016-07-16 05:57:50-04

LAKELAND, Fla. (AP) - A dog has died after authorities say a motorized scooter burst into flames while parked inside the garage of a Lakeland home.

Polk County Fire and Rescue officials say the scooter was not running when it sparked and caught fire Thursday night.

The Ledger reports it's unclear where the dog was when the fire started. The animal apparently died of smoke inhalation. None of the residents were injured, but the fired destroyed about half the house.