MADISON Co., FL (WTXL) - A mobile home fire in Madison County was caused by a meth lab explosion according to the Sheriff's Office.
Deputies responded to a fire on the 700 Block of 716 SE Levy Drive in Lee, FL after 10 p.m. on Sunday.
No one was inside of the mobile home according to deputies and it was determined that a resident was driving themselves to the Madison County Memorial Hospital Emergency Room for burn treatment.
Deputies smelled a strong chemical odor they claim is commonly associated with meth manufacturing.
Drug Task Force investigators assisted at the scene and discovered a witness who claimed to be present when the fire started.
The witness told investigators that a male was "cooking meth" in the home with it exploded; the burn victim at the hospital confirmed the witness's account.
The fire destroyed all evidence but investigators claim to have identified the male and are currently looking for him.
The Sheriff's Office says this is an ongoing investigation.