TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) — The Sergeant Earnest I. "Boots" Thomas Veteran's Administration Clinic in Tallahassee has expanded the criteria for eligible veterans to receive the COVID-19 vaccine at the clinic.
To receive the COVID-19 vaccination at the Tallahassee VA Clinic, veterans must be actively enrolled and eligible for VA health care service.
In addition to this, veterans must be a part of the North Florida / South Georgia Veteran's Health System Network to get the vaccine, a spokesperson from the Tallahassee VA Clinic told ABC 27.
Eligible veterans for the vaccination include:
- Veterans age 65 years and older
- Homeless Veterans
- Hemodialysis patients
- Solid organ transplant Veterans
- Chemotherapy patients
- Frontline Essential Workers: (firefighters, police officers, corrections officers, food and agricultural workers, United States Postal Service workers, manufacturing workers, grocery store workers, public transit workers, educational sector workers such as teachers, support staff, and daycare workers)
Frontline essential workers are asked to present identification or documentation to indicate current employment in one of the aforementioned categories, according to a press release.
A spokesperson also told ABC 27 that the Tallahassee VA Clinic is using the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.
The COVID-19 vaccine drive-through clinic at the Tallahassee VA Clinic runs from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and the qualifying Veterans with Social Security Numbers ending with the following are welcomed on the following respective dates:
- SSN ending in 6 or 7: Wednesday, Jan. 20
- SSN ending in 8 or 9: Thursday, Jan. 21
- SSN ending in 0 or 1: Friday, Jan. 211
- SSN ending in 2 or 3: Saturday, Jan. 23
- SSN ending in 4 or 5: Monday, Jan. 25
If a veteran has questions about eligibility criteria or has not yet enrolled to receive VA health care benefits, they are encouraged to call a Veterans Health Administration Eligibility & Enrollment Specialist at (850) 513-7650.
The Sergeant Ernest I. "Boots" Thomas VA Clinic is located at 2181 Orange Ave. in Tallahassee.