JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (WTXL) — Gov. Ron DeSantis said Tuesday that 119 Walmarts across Florida, as well as some select Sam's Club and Winn-Dixie locations, will be able to administer the COVID-19 vaccine starting Friday.
The governor made the announcement at a Walmart Supercenter location in Jacksonville.
There, he announced that Walmart will get about 25,000 doses of the vaccine for the first phase of the rollout. Publix will also get more doses from the state, going from 325 stores to more than 600 stores across Florida.
Of the Walmart and Sam's Club stores that will offer the vaccine, locations in Tallahassee, Quincy, and Crawfordville have made the list:
- Walmart #3307 - 35 MIKE STEWART, CRAWFORDVILLE, FL 32327
- Walmart #488 - 1940 PAT THOMAS PKWY, QUINCY, FL 32351
- Walmart #1408 - 4400 W TENNESSEE ST, TALLAHASSEE, FL 32304
- Walmart #4427 - 3221 N MONROE ST, TALLAHASSEE, FL 32303
- Sam's Club #8120 - 3122 DICK WILSON BLVD, TALLAHASSEE, FL 32301
- Walmart #1223 - 5500 THOMASVILLE RD, TALLAHASSEE, FL 32312
- Walmart #4520 - 4021 LAGNIAPPE WAY, TALLAHASSEE, FL 32317
- Walmart #1077 - 3535 APALACHEE PKWY, TALLAHASSEE, FL 32311
Gov. DeSantis also announced Tuesday afternoon that Winn-Dixie stores in Florida will also be receiving and offering the COVID-19 vaccine. Here's what locations are offering the vaccine locally:
- Winn-Dixie #28 - 4478 Market Street, Marianna, FL - CLINIC
- Winn-Dixie #555 - 729 W. Base Street, Madison, FL - CLINIC
Walmart, Winn-Dixie, and Sam's Club are the latest chains to join Publix in distributing the vaccines to those age 65 and up in Florida. He said that you do not have to be Sam's Club member to sign up to receive the vaccine.
People can book their vaccination appointments at a participating Walmart at http://Walmart.com/COVIDVaccine. To make your appointment at a participating Sam's Club, visit http://SamsClub.com/COVIDVaccine. To make your appointment with your local Winn-Dixie store, click here.
Monday, Gov. DeSantis said the state expects to get 18,000 more doses of the vaccine added to its weekly shipment from the federal government, bringing the total anticipated shipment to 325,000 doses.