(WTXL) — The Florida Department of Health reported more than 13,148 new cases on Thursday.
The state also reported 101 new COVID-19 related deaths among Florida residents.
So far, more than 1.1 million people have tested positive for COVID-19 since data tracking began in March and more than 20,000 deaths have been reported from the virus.
Thursday's numbers marked the highest increase in cases since July 16. The statewide positivity rate from Wednesday's testing was 8.84 percent.
Locally, the cases reported Thursday are as follows:
- Franklin - 853 cases and 4 deaths
- Gadsden - 3,577 cases and 58 deaths
- Hamilton - 1,099 cases and 12 deaths
- Jackson - 4,268 cases and 108 deaths
- Jefferson - 864 cases and14 deaths
- Lafayette - 1,401 cases and 20 deaths
- Leon - 17,365 cases and 168 deaths
- Liberty - 664 cases and 14 deaths
- Madison - 1,448 cases and 30 deaths
- Suwannee - 3,614 cases and 94 deaths
- Taylor - 1,797 cases and 24 deaths
- Wakulla - 1,852 cases and 20 deaths