TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) - Officials say Talquin Electric customers should prepare for higher electric bills next billing cycle.
The Talquin Electric Cooperative says the inflated bills are due to increased electric usage to combat cold temperatures.
They are reminding residents that they offer a variety of services to help minimize the impact of high bills. Those services include:
- Levelized billing (available for qualified Members)
- Payment arrangements
- Prepaid electric service (not available in all service areas)
- Complimentary energy audits
- Talquin Assistance Program (Utility bill assistance available for qualified Members)
- Contact information for community agencies providing utility bill assistance
Members are encouraged to contact Talquin or visit any member service office to explore individual bill assistance options. You can find service offices here.