MIDWAY, Fla. (WTXL) - In this segment of COCA Connection, we're talking about Juke Joint Jam Florida 2018.
The Juke Joint Jam Florida festival provides an opportunity to celebrate and experience the unique cultural and musical traditions of rural North Florida Legacy Communities in a natural setting at Carr Lake on Orchard Pond Plantation through:
- Concert performances, featuring Tallahassee Nights Live (headliner), Royce Lovett (Motown signed artist), Garnet and Soul, Teddy and the Rough Riders, and Cameo Appearances.
- Drumming (cadence unique to Leon County)
- Kids at Play (jumpers, face painting, sack and bat races, Florida A&M University Agricultural Education Mobile Unit; and Drones);
- Oral History/Story Telling, featuring local residents with direct ties to actual Legacy Communities;
- Teen DJ Jam, featuring local teen DJs; and
- Auto Show, featuring Antique Car Club, Corvette Car Club, and Motor Cycle Club
The Juke Joint Jam Florida operates as an annual fundraising mechanism to address a variety of issues that present chronic problems for socio-economically disadvantaged populations (of all races) in north Florida.