TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL)--The City of Tallahassee's administrative offices are closed Monday, May 25 for Memorial Day.
For customers, you're garbage will be picked up a different day of the week. StarMetro and the Tallahassee-Leon Community Animal Service Center has some schedule changes as well.
Here is more information from the City of Tallahassee:
GARBAGE / RECYCLING / YARD WASTE (red week) / BULKY ITEMS (red week) - During the holiday week, all residential customers will receive service one day later than their regularly scheduled service:
· Monday customers ► Tuesday, May 26
· Tuesday customers ► Wednesday, May 27
· Wednesday customers ► Thursday, May 28
· Thursday customers ► Friday, May 29
· Friday customers ► Saturday, May 30
Garbage and recycling containers should both be rolled to the curb for pickup by 6:30 a.m. on collection day, with both containers returned to the home no later than the day after collection. Customers are reminded to separate yard waste piles from any bulky items set out for pickup. Customers needing more information may view solid waste schedules at Talgov.com/YOU or contact City of Tallahassee Utilities at 891-4YOU (4968).
StarMetro Schedule Changes
StarMetro, the City's mass transit system, will change its operations for the Memorial Day holiday as follows:
· FIXED ROUTE SERVICES - StarMetro will operate on a Sunday schedule with no night service.
· DIAL-A-RIDE SERVICES - Dial-A-Ride service will be available on Monday, May 25, within the Sunday service area. Rides must be confirmed by 5 p.m. on Friday, May 22.
· COMMUNITY TRANSPORTATION SERVICES (CTC) - Rides for Monday, May 25, must be confirmed by 2 p.m. on Friday, May 22.
For more information, please visit Talgov.com or call StarMetro at 891-5200.
Animal Service Center Closed Monday
The Tallahassee-Leon Community Animal Service Center is normally closed to the public on Mondays, and thus the facility will be closed on May 25. Normal hours will resume on Tuesday, May 26, with the center opening at 10:30 a.m. Customers needing more information, including photos of animals available for adoption, may visit Talgov.com/animals or contact the Animal Service Center at 891-2950.
City Animal Control will be available for emergency situations only on Monday, May 25, and can be reached via the Consolidated Dispatch Agency at 606-5800.