TALLAHASSEE, FL (WTXL) - Mayor Andrew Gillum, along with city commissioners, announced six initiatives to connect residents of the Southside to more resources in the community.
The City Commission voted to invest $100,000 to these programs earlier this year. The initiative focus on key areas like job creation and education but also tackle other issues like access to fresh food and infrastructure.
"The City Commission agreed that it was important to make an investment to further enhance the many positive things that the City, in collaboration with the community, are doing to support the Southside," said Commissioner Curtis Richardson, a Southside resident and liaison for the initiatives.
The initiatives include the following:
1) Youth Summer Jobs Program
2) Revitalization of Southside Neighborhood Evaluations
3) Job Training and Education
4) Farmers' Market Delivery to Residents
5) Infrastructure Design and Planning
6) South City Revitalization Council
For more information on the initiatives, click here.