TALLAHASSEE, FL (WTXL) - Medical examiners are saying the mother and daughters killed in a house fire last week died of smoke inhalation, according to the State Fire Marshal's (SFM) Office.
Rajames Scott and her daughters Aniyah and Anisha were killed after a fire broke out in their home Friday morning.
Jon Moore with the SFM says the investigation is ongoing but that the fire originated in the kitchen of the home and was accidental in nature.
As of now, Moore says they have not confirmed a cause of the fire.
The SFM also says there is not any evidence of smoke detectors being present in the home.
Rajames Scott was a teacher at the school her daughters attended, Sabal Palm Elementary.
Grief counselors were scheduled to return to the school Monday morning.