Candle to Blame for Fire at Country Heart Inn in Valdosta

Posted at 11:39 PM, Feb 20, 2015
and last updated 2018-08-07 10:20:04-04

VALDOSTA, Ga. (WTXL) - A fire forces 8 guests out of the Country Heart Inn on North Ashley Street in Valdosta. It happened Thursday, Feb. 19.

Firefighters received a call at about 3:30 p.m. and they arrived on scene at 3:33 p.m. to find smoke and flames visible on the second floor and roof. They say they got the flames under control within 40 minutes.

Firefighters say the cause of the fire was candles.

No one was hurt, but damages are estimated at $170,000.