JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (WTXL) - Ground beef products sold by Winn-Dixie, Harveys and other stores of their parent company in Florida and Georgia are part of a nationwide recall due to the possibility of salmonella.
Other Southeastern Grocers stores are BI-LO and Fresco y Más.
Southeastern Grocers said in a news release that their products were sold in various-sized packages.
The recalled products were sold in select Harveys Supermarkets in Georgia, Florida and South Carolina, and in select Winn-Dixie stores in Alabama, Florida and Georgia, Southeastern Grocers said.
All listed products were sold in stores beginning September 11 and had a “sell by” date from Sept. 13 - 19, 2018.
Customers with the products should throw them away or return them to anyHarveys Supermarket or Winn-Dixie store for a full refund.
Federal officials say the nationwide recall of 6.5 million pounds of beef products made by an Arizona company, BS Tolleson, came after more than 50 people became ill.
Salmonella can cause diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and fever within 12 to 72 hours after eating the contaminated product. The illness usually lasts four to seven days.
Some Walmart and Sams' Clubs stores also sold beef that is part of this recall.
The affected products and corresponding UPC codes below are for all affected Harveys Supermarkets and Winn-Dixie stores:
- SE Grocers Value Pack, Ground Beef (73%/27%) – 0201655
- SE Grocers Ground Beef (73%/27%) – 0201653
- SE Grocers Value Pack, Ground Beef Patties(73%/27%) – 0270053
- SE Grocers Ground Beef Patty (73%/27%) – 0270052
- SE Grocers Value Pack, Fresh Ground Chuck (80%/20%) – 0291277
- SE Grocers Fresh Ground Chuck (80%/20%) – 0201700
- SE Grocers Value Pack, Ground Chuck Patties (80%/20%) – 0270055
- SE Grocers Ground Chuck Patties (80%/20%) - 0270054
- SE Grocers Value Pack, Ground Beef Sliders (73%/27%) – 0270057
- SE Grocers Ground Beef Sliders (73%/27%) – 0270054
- SE Grocers Fresh Market Style Ground Beef (73%/27%) – 0291241
- SE Grocers Ground Beef for Chili – 0201699
Customers with questions about the recalled products may contact the Southeastern Grocers Customer Call Center tollfree at (844) 745-0463, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.