Valdosta, Ga. (WTXL) – Authorities say multiple arrests are pending after several agencies joined forces to execute eight searches for violations of Georgia's commercial gambling laws in Lowndes County.
On Wednesday, the GBI’s Commercial Gambling Unit, along with the Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office, the Valdosta Police Department, and in cooperation with the Georgia Lottery Corporation and the Georgia Department of Revenue executed eight search warrants in Lowndes County.
Search warrants were served at seven business locations and one home.
While searching, agents collected evidence related to crimes of commercial gambling and seized monetary assets gained from the illegal use of gaming machines.
Authorities say that all the businesses are currently licensed to operate Coin Operated Amusement Machines.
However, during the investigation, agents discovered that customers were receiving cash payouts for winning credits. They said that in Georgia, credits may only be redeemed for lottery tickets and/or store merchandise.
Search warrants were executed at the following business locations:
* Warraich 7862, LLC (7-11 Grocery), 1407 West Hill Ave., Suite C, Valdosta
* Leah 229, 2904 North Patterson Street, Suite I, Valdosta
* Lee Minit Mart #2, 1306 North Ashley Street, Valdosta
* Lee Minit Mart #1, 505 East Ann Street, Valdosta
* Citgo Station, 1836 West Hill Ave., Valdosta
* One Dollar Family, 1913 North Ashley Street, Valdosta
* Exclusive Production, 1412 East Park Ave., Suite D, Valdosta
Multiple arrests are pending. In total, more than 60 officers were involved in the operation.