TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) - Tallahassee Mayor Andrew Gillum is releasing new gun safety proposals following a mass shooting at a Florida school.
A press release said Gillum was releasing the list of safety proposals in response "to the continued epidemic of mass shootings in America."
The common-sense gun safety proposals include:
- Ban assault weapons and large capacity magazines
- Ban bump stocks
- Strengthen and require universal background checks for all gun sales
- Close private sale loopholes
- Restrict gun access for the mentally ill
- Restrict gun access for known foreign and domestic terrorist
- Close the "Boyfriend Loophole" and prohibit gun possession for those with felony and misdemeanor domestic violence and stalking convictions
- Ban the purchase and possession of armor piercing bullets
What do you think of his proposals?