News

Actions

Albany family displaced after Christmas morning house fire

default.png
Posted at 11:08 AM, Dec 25, 2017
and last updated 2017-12-25 06:13:29-05

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - A family has been displaced by a house fire in the 2400 block of Barnsdale Way Monday morning.

According to dispatch, the call came in just before 8:30 a.m.

Nobody was injured but according to Albany Fire Department Captain Clint Nobles, the family was displaced.

Nobles said the fire started in the kitchen.

The Albany Police Department and AFD responded to the scene. 

APD had the area on Stuart Avenue around Barnsdale blocked, but the road is now open.

WALB is working to get more details and will update the information as details come in.

Copyright 2017 WALB. All rights reserved.