Tallahassee, FL (WTXL) -- Social media has started to play a major role in speeding up the job search process. One platform in particular: LinkedIn.
WTXL ABC 27's Christine Souders sat down with local career consultant, Trish Yahn, to find how to make the most of your professional profile.
Tips to keep in mind when searching for jobs:
- Recruiters used LinkedIn to find candidates and some NEVER post their jobs online
- Have a complete LinkedIn profile, including a photo - this is critical when you are actively searching for a job
- Keep your other social media accounts clean: Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter are all fair game for recruiters/employees to check on you
- 94% of recruiters are active on LinkedIn, but only 36% of candidates are
- 55% of recruiters have reconsidered a candidates based on their social profile; 61% of those considerations have been negative
- 48% of recruiters use LinkedIn exclusively