TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) - Dr. Valencia Matthews shared details about the the inauguration of Dr. Larry Robinson as Florida A & M University’s 12th president.
WTXL ABC 27 Sunrise Anchor Malcolm Hornsby spoke with her.
Dr. Robinson was named FAMU president on Nov. 30, 2017. Previously, he served as the interim president of FAMU from September 2016 to November 2017 and from July 2012 to March 2014.
He served as director of FAMU's Environmental Sciences Institute from 1997 to 2003, provost and vice president for Academic Affairs from 2003 to 2005, chief executive officer in 2007 and vice president for Research in 2009.
All events pay homage to Robinson and his commitment to collaboration, community and consensus building.
The schedule of events includes:
Thursday, November 8
- 12 p.m. – 2 p.m. — Gathering of the FAMU Industry Cluster (FAMU Grand Ballroom)
- 3 p.m. – 5 p.m. — Inaugural Research Symposium (FAMU Florida Blue Auditorium at the College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences)
- 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. — The First Lady’s Soiree (Meek-Eaton Black Archives)
Friday, November 9
- 10:10 a.m. – 12:10 p.m. — Installation Ceremony (Lawson Multipurpose Center and Teaching Gym)
- 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. — Inaugural Reception (Gaither Gymnasium)
- 8 p.m. – 11 p.m. — Inaugural Scholarship Gala “Together We Rise” (Lawson Multipurpose Center and Teaching Gym)
Saturday, November 10
- 12 p.m. — Special Marker Unveiling: A Tribute to Alumnus Lt. James R. Polkinghorne, Jr. (FAMU Village)
For ticket and more information, visit FAMUinauguration.com.