TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) - If you haven't found your perfect Halloween costume yet, it's not too late! There are all kinds of costumes you can make from items found around the house.
This morning on Sunrise, we are learning how to make costumes out of cardboard boxes! Below are directions for three fun costumes you can do this Halloween courtesy of Two Men and a Truck. You can see the costumes in action by clicking on the video the the left.
Fortune Teller Booth
Wardrobe Box, without the clothing bar
Glue (hot glue works best) & Tape
Red Spray Paint
Small Play Ball
Battery Powered Touch Light & Disposable Plastic Cup
1. First assemble the box, and tape the top shut. You'll want to leave the clothing insert tab out but push through and tape to inside making a "ledge". Cut the bottom flaps off.
2. Using the Xacto knife, cut two holes on either side of the box, large enough for the wearer's arms.
3. Next, poke 2 sets of holes parallel to each other and tie the shoe strings through the box (these will be the straps used to hole the booth up)
3. Spray paint the Box the color of choice.
4. Cut the strands of beads in half and staple to top of box in front of window, like a curtain.
5. Cut the Plastic Cup in half and glue to ball.
6. Get Creative! Add decorations to box; consider writing "Fortune Teller" on top like you would see at an old fashioned carnival. Have the child wear a headband and possibly one hoop earing- a classic gypsy look.
7. When you're ready to go out, put batteries in the touch light, turn it on and stick it down to the ledge. Glue the plastic cup with the ball attached over it. Your Crystal Ball is now illuminated!
Dish Pack Box
Glue & Tape
6 Round Food Storage Bowls (will not need lids)
1. Assemble the box, tape down top flaps both inside and out, and cut the bottom flaps off.
2. Using Xacto knife cut arm holes on either side of the box and cut one through the top big enough for the wearer's head. Reinforce the top hole with tape.
3. Glue the six plastic food storage bowls in two rows on the front of the box.
4. Once glue is dry, spray paint the entire structure a bright color.
Dish Pack Box
Glue & Tape
1. Assemble and cut box list like the Lego Costume.
2. Spray Paint Box with black Spray Paint and use a large mixing bowls to trace a circle on the poster board to make the logo.
3. Using markers, write what kind of coffee you are on the inside top of the bigger circle.
4. Glue the paper to the box.