GADSDEN COUNTY, Fla. (WTXL) — Everyone wants to get the best deals during Black Friday, including thieves and scammers.
That's why the Gadsden County Sheriff's Office is warning shoppers about the signs of a high-scam alert.
When you’re hunting through Black Friday deals, GCSO says be wary of these five major red flags:
1. A deal that’s too good to be true.
2. Suspicious emails designed to get your clicks.
3. Phishing scams that ask you to fork over your deets.
4. Unsecured connections and widespread typos.
5. Suspicious gift cards from third-party sites.
GCSO also says another go-to gimmick for scammers is Black Friday gift cards.
If you find a deal for a greatly gouged gift card or even a coupon offering pennies off your dollar, make sure you’re dealing with a legitimate source.