MIDWAY, FL - In What's to Eat we are making Prime Rib with Texas Road House.
PRIME RIB RECIPE
EQUIPMENT: MIXING BOWL
PRIME RIB RUB ½ CUP RUB PER 6 OZ. OF PRIME RIB
WATER 2 CUPS
* Create your rub using your favorite seasonings and a little bit of liquid.
* Using the rub make sure to cover then entire piece of meat you are cooking, including the bottom.
* Place seasoned piece of meat in the roasting pan and cover with plastic wrap.
* Allow to sit at least 4 hours refrigerated, with the preference being overnight.
* Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
* Adjust your shelves placing one shelf on the very bottom and one shelf in the center of the oven for the meat.
* Using a metal pan, fill it with water and place it on the bottom shelf of the oven.
* Place The roasting pan with meat in the oven uncovered.
* Using a stay-in-place thermometer check the internal temperature of the meat every 30 minutes after the first hour of cooking.
* Once meat is finished cooking remove from the oven.
Once the Prime Rib is cooked to your desired doneness (see chart below), carve into steaks of your desired thickness and serve.
Note: 140 – rare to medium rare
150 – medium
160 – medium well
170 – well
The temperatures are a guide for your cooking determinations