News

Actions

Georgia Sheriff's Deputy Dies After Inhaling Liquid Nitrogen

Georgia sheriff's deputy dies after inhaling liquid nitrogen
Posted at 7:11 AM, Feb 06, 2017
and last updated 2017-02-06 07:11:00-05

AUGUSTA, Ga. (AP) - Authorities say a sheriff's deputy in east Georgia has died after inhaling liquid nitrogen while trying to save a worker at a company in Augusta.

 

The Richmond County Sheriff's Office says in a statement that Sgt. Greg Meagher died Sunday after inhaling a chemical substance.

 

Augusta Fire Department spokeswoman Dee Griffin tells The Augusta Chronicle the substance was liquid nitrogen.

 

___

 

Information from: The Augusta Chronicle , http://www.augustachronicle.com

(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)